The Canadian organization, Exodus Global Alliance (referred to on this page as "Exodus Canada”) is incorporated in Canada as a not-for-profit and registered as a registered charity by the Canadian Federal Government. Our registration number is 81349-1849-RR001. This means that gifts to Exodus Canada from donors in Canada are tax-deductible. We issue receipts for all gifts at the end of the year.
Ways to Give
1) Cheques — Cheques should be made out to "Exodus Global Alliance" and mailed to the Exodus Canada office:
2) Direct Deposit — Save time, eliminate monthly mailings and writing cheques. Direct Deposit save can be used to give monthly, quarterly, annual and even special one-time gifts. Click here to set up direct deposit.
3) Credit Cards / On-line Donations — You can make an on-line gift using a credit card, debit card or PayPal through CanadaHelps. Click on the image below.
Your on-line gift will be processed by CanadaHelps - a charitable organization that provides on-line donation services to all charities in Canada.
4) Giving Through Your Company or United Way — Many employers in Canada have programs that contribute to charities. Exodus Canada is a registered charity. Our registration number is 87349-1849-RR001. Check with the Human Resources department of your employer to see how you can use their program to give to Exodus. They may have a matching gift program that will double your gift. Some companies use a single charity such as United Way that permit you to designate your gift to another registered Canadian charity - which means you can give through them to Exodus Global Alliance.
5) Stocks — You can take advantage of current tax laws in Canada by gifting stocks to Exodus Canada. The federal budget of May 2, 2006 announced the elimination of capital gains on donations of publicly traded securities, making it the most tax efficient means of making a charitable donation. You will be able to write-off the full amount of the stock at the time of the gift while Exodus Canada can sell the shares without having to pay the capital gains tax on the shares. Therefore, Exodus receives the full benefit of your gift while you receive a tax write-off of the entire amount of your stock gift.
To give stock to Exodus Canada, please call us at our office for full details. The number is 416-283-9797.
You can also donate gifts of securities through CanadaHelps. CanadaHelps will charge a 3% transaction fee. This fee covers all brokerage fees, transaction fees, banking costs, receipting, reconciliation, and disbursements incurred by CanadaHelps. The 3% is deducted based on the proceeds of the sale of securities you donated, before the donation is sent to the charity.
6) Wills — If you wish to name Exodus Canada as a beneficiary in your will, please contact the Exodus Canada office to obtain the information that you need to include in your will. If you choose to include Exodus Canada in your will, please let us know so that we can thank you.
7) Frequent Flyer Miles — Did you know you can give frequent flyer miles to a third party? Part of our ministry is outside Canada. With the cost of airfare, we would appreciate your gift of frequent flyer miles.
Designating your Gift
Charitable giving in Canada is guided by government regulations. One key principle applied to all charitable giving is that when a donor designates a gift for a specific purpose, the organization must use it for that purpose. A second key principal is that donors must designate their gifts only to projects and ministries already approved by the responsible Board of the charitable organization. A designation of a gift to Exodus Canada to be in support of specified activities of Exodus Canada must be approved by the Exodus Canada board.